Follow

Friday, November 13, 2015

A Museum...for WRITERS!

I've been to my share of museums and I'm not always satisfied when I leave them. Either I don't have enough time to immerse myself in all of its wonders, leaving me unfulfilled. Or the museum itself just doesn't ignite my curiosity for whatever reason.

There are big exceptions. The Art Institute of Chicago and The Louvre in Paris, to name a couple.

And without it even opening its doors yet, I'm certain the new American Writers Museum will be another one of my exceptions. In fact, I'm certain I will completely geek out on the place.

The AWM will open in the spring of 2017 in the second floor of the 180 North Michigan Avenue building. A prime spot with a lot of exposure. It's expected to be an innovative digital design and a museum dedicated to literacy. And although it will showcase and celebrate American writers, it hopes to inspire people, especially young people to put pen to paper, fingers to keys, or hands to a keyboard.

Museums, for some, can be boring or considered too academic. But the modern museum knows it must compete with an array of options for the consumer. Hell, you can Google an author's name on your smartphone and find massive amounts of information without ever stepping into a museum. But a well-designed venue for the curious can be like no other, providing an experiential space that can't be duplicated anywhere else.

Episode 3 of The Bleeding Typewriter is all about the American Writers Museum and why for a writer, a lover of the written and spoken word, this place is likely to be a Disney World for anyone who loves books.

2 comments:

  1. Mijn vriend houdt ervan om kopiƫren horloges.goedkope horloges Wanneer je het terug koopt, is dit prachtige replica horloge prachtig. Het ontwerp en de functie van het horloge zijn erg fris en elegant.goedkope breitling transocean horloges De kwaliteit is relatief perfect. Dit replica horloge is heel bijzonder, van goede kwaliteit en erg goedkoop

    ReplyDelete
  2. top quality uk replica watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica breitling watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete