Follow

Friday, February 17, 2017

A Writer's Shed: The Poem

"Writing is an act of faith" —E.B. White

 E.B. White's Boat House

As some of you know, I have been working on completing an outbuilding that will soon be my writer's shed, a simple place to find solace and a place to create. I plan to fill it with solitude and words. Those words began today when I wrote a "flash" poem on what was before me. Not to suggest that something good comes with speed, but in only five minutes these words came to me in a river's flow. 


A Writer's Shed 

My sacred space emerges 
Among the gardens of my home
Among the flowers of a lifetime
Among the seas all alone

Words are never written
Inside the roses one must tend
But are found in heaven's spaces
Alongside the time I must spend

Lost in my heart forever
Pouring out from blood-soaked vines
It is here that I am with the angels
It is here I find the lines

The truth of what I'm thinking
Every solitary shift
These are the discoveries of angels
These are the sincere and lonely gifts

             —David W. Berner 2.17.17



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. I truly feel this amazing site requirements far more consideration. I am looking forward on your next post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!
    currency-converter-free, currency converter box 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!
    autoketing
    sales pop master
    sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  3. To know how to write an essay first and foremost you should identify the type of essay you are about to write. https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeworkCentral/comments/f1s0yq/how_to_choose_the_right_essay_writing_service_on/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very difficult to stumble upon the right essay service for your college needs. That's why reddit lovers prefer https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeworkCentral/comments/f1s0yq/how_to_choose_the_right_essay_writing_service_on/

    ReplyDelete