Follow

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bracelets of Grace and Reading Out Loud!

Hello all! It's been far too long since my last entry. Why is that? Simple. Busy. No excuses. Just busy and many times, as you read from many bloggers, I probably was far too ambitious about keeping the blog up to date. And so it goes, right?

So, to update...

The audio documentary about the Vietnam era POW-MIA bracelets - Bracelets of Grace - has had great airplay on public radio stations all around the country. It will soon be available at Audible.com as an audio book, along with two other of my audio documentaries - Pebble Beach Stories and Finding My Kerouac.

And, I continue to write and now that I'm on academic sabbatical from my position at Columbia College Chicago, will step-up my efforts to complete a book of essays on fatherhood, tentatively entitled Ghostboxing. AND - I am beginning to do more and more readings at the microphone in venues around Chicago. This past Sunday night, I was thrilled to be part of the Two With Water/Curbside Publishing reading at The Beauty Bar on Chicago Avenue in Chicago. About a month ago, I was also part of a reading/signing event at The Book Cellar in Lincoln Square, Chicago. Just the best book store! Hope to get back there soon.

And about reading out loud...

There is nothing as wonderful as sharing literary works out loud in the presence of enthusiastic audiences. The energy, the feedback, the atmosphere of artistic gifts given aloud. I'll be back, somewhere soon, to do it all again.

Keeping writing!

David W. Berner

No comments:

Post a Comment