Follow

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Books to Re-Read

I am reading for the fourth time in years the book Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. I love this book, it inspires me, keeps me on track with my writing, just when I most need it. I'm writing some fiction and Anne's thoughts on how plot develops - worry about the characters and the plot will come - is just a wonderful piece of advise.

But re-reading Bird by Bird made me think about other writing books that should be re-read.

Here's a great list:

1. Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
2. The Writing Life, by Annie Dillard
3. Writing Begins with the Breath, by Loraine Herring
4. Ernest Hemingway on Writing, edited by Larry W. Phillips

Sometimes inspiration comes from the re-do, the re-read. Go back and take another look. It's bound to kick start your work.

David

1 comment:

  1. cheap raybans sunglasses, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap raybans clubmaster sunglasses, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete