Follow

Friday, May 11, 2012

If You Write Personal Stories...

I'm a fan -- no that's not true - I'm not a fan. I am an admirer, better word, of Phillip Lopate, the great essayists and literary nonfiction writer. (If you have not read Confessions of a Shusher, please do. It is a masterpiece in personal essay writing.)

Why do I not describe my interest in Lopate with the word "fan?" Well, "fan" implies that I devour his work, covet it. That I do not do. I have read a lot of Lopate, but he's not one of my favorite authors. However, that said, I hugely admire him and how he shapes a piece of work. He is to be studied, to be read, to be listened to.

Here's your chance.

If you know Lapote's work - and love it - then you'll love this interview. If you are new to Lopate, well, you'll love this interview.

Poets and Writers-Interview with Phillip Lopate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment