Follow

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

In Honor of Your Dog

I've been thinking a lot about dogs lately. The final day of the Westminster Kennel Club Show is today, 2/17, so, there's that. Plus, there are so many goofy, great, wonderful, heartfelt dog stories out there. I know you have one. 

I had a dog once that continually ran away. All the time! Bolted out the door, jumped the fence, even out the window of a moving car onto a busy street. He was an escape artist. Why? Don't know. I thought he had it good. But despite what I thought, I was on a first name basis with the crew at the animal pound. 

Also, pets are on my mind because of my forthcoming book: THERE'S A HAMSTER IN THE DASHBOARD: A Life in Pets. It's out early summer from Dream of Things. I hope you'll take a look at the essays inside. They're all about our animals, our wonderful pets, the ones that catch us being human. 

But in the meantime: 

Consider reading a little of HAMSTER here: http://www.davidwberner.com/#!new-work/cs7y

And/or take this neat little pet look-a-like quiz from the NYT, I think you'll get a kick out of it. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/02/16/sports/westminster-dog-show-quiz.html

AND --- Write your OWN brief dog or pet story here! Love to read them. Post away!

David 

No comments:

Post a Comment