Follow

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gift for the Holidays

I asked a friend the other day for a holiday gift suggestion for her daughter. I had already considered getting her a book, and sure enough, my friend said, "A book would be a good idea."

Note to self - Go with your gut.

I have found, over and over again, that giving a book as a gift is about the best present one can offer. Even if the recipient is not what you might consider a "reader." I have found that when I give a book, even to someone who is not what many of would consider a bookworm, I am rewarded by the response. And the recipient almost always reads the book! Many times they say to me, "You know, I don't read much, but..." Yep, they read it, liked it, and enjoyed the process.

The key of course is matching the right book with that non-reader. The subject matter must somehow resonate. But, if you take care in the choice, you'll get your rewards.

Buy a book, give a book this holiday.

Oh, yes. Don't forget to sign it inside - a personal note about how you selected this title or why you believe the book is perfect for them. That little touch says a lot.

Happy book buying!

No comments:

Post a Comment