Follow

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Gifts

I was out shopping for holiday gifts the other night. Yes, actually going into stores and not clicking through websites. Although, I must admit, most of my shopping this year has been online.
Still - I couldn't help myself be reminded how wonderful a bookstore is at this time of year and what treasures are there for great holiday gifts.

I have a three suggestions this year for super reads...

The Farther Shore by Matthew Eck. A beautiful, haunting war story. It's taut and elegantly written.
The Night in Question: Stories by Tobias Wolfe. He is one of the best short stories writers working today. Absolutely marvelous material.
Riding the Dog: A Look Back at America by Thomas E. Kennedy. Great personal essays filled with incredible insight.

Enjoy.

Any other ideas? Good books on your list?

David B

No comments:

Post a Comment